The last two weeks have been.. Hell. Not the kind where you feel the ship sink or the train heading to run you over. No, this is more like being nibbled to death by ants or ducks. I don’t think I could even start to list all the wonky things that have gone on, but here are the highlights:
- The president of the Celtic Music Festival resigned because of health reasons. Then the treasurer resigned. The only officer left? Me. We are meeting Saturday to see what we can do.
- Car repairs. New tires, one tire replaced after the new tires. (curb bite) Two new CV joints. Still stuff to do.
- Heat. Nuff said.
- Late nights in spite of attempts to go to bed early.
- People not thinking before they email 6-12 others with erroneous information. Argh!!!!
- School stuff. OMG. Resignations. Interviews. More interviews. Special meetings to hire people. (4) Oh, and at last count, 20 new staff members. Keep in mind that we have just under 70 all total in the district. And… issues finding housing.
- Our Superintendent having health issues. Emergency room to hospital to minor surgery. Gahhh!
- Schedule changes. I don’t think we’ve gone a day without something being shuffled.
- New bespoke sewing project. Good for the reputation and the pocket book, but have I had time to sew? NO!
- Contract canceled, and another one just starting. The waiting is crazy. Meanwhile, the bank account dwindles. Oh, and trying to work from Mom’s house is problematic.
- The land we wanted to buy hit access issues and neighbor issues. So, we start again.
Walsenburg also had a ‘brain fart’ yesterday. Two attempted suicides. One by train. An assault that ended up with shots being fired at police, and an arrest. Plus tire slashings, a semi rear ending a car and other bits of mindless stupidity.
One of the few good things going on is that our garden is going gang busters! I harvested the first crookneck squash and green beans. 🙂
I am hoping that the only thing on my schedule tomorrow will remain harvesting veg, cooking dinner and sewing. Keep your fingers crossed!